Laura Howe, MD, President of the Michigan Allergy & Asthma Society, and her team of colleagues will close the 2023 ASM Monthly Series with a two-hour session addressing the under diagnosis and awareness of chronic hives and discuss how to apply the asthma guideline changes in diagnosis, monitoring, and treatment based on evidence and shared decision-making in the new asthma management guidelines.
- Identify key features of chronic spontaneous urticaria.
- Discuss how to provide patient counseling and education about the disease process.
- Explain how to implement a stepwise approach to management of chronic spontaneous urticaria.
- Identify the past and current ways of classifying asthma.
- Discuss how to apply guideline changes in asthma diagnosis, monitoring, and treatment based on evidence and shared decision making.
- Discuss the strengths and limitations of the new Asthma Management Guidelines.
Laura Howe, MD, President, Michigan Allergy and Asthma Society
Tara Shankar, MD, Allergy and Immunology Associates of Michigan
Chronic Spontaneous Urticaria
Alan Baptist, MD, University of Michigan
The NIH Asthma Guidelines Updates Are Here (and they will likely change your practice)
To Register or for more information, please click here.
Registration Fees Per Course:
Members – $50
Non-members – $75
Retired Members – $50
Member Students and Residents – FREE
Statement of Accreditation:
The Michigan State Medical Society (MSMS) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The MSMS designates this live activity for a maximum of 2 AMA PRA Category Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.